TSA Support Fund
There may be times when you need help with the additional costs of living with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC).
The TSA Support Fund is here to help you in these times with the award of a grant.
The amounts awarded from the Support Fund will vary depending on individual circumstances and needs. Whether your application is successful will
depend on the availability of funds, the amount you need and on what you need the money for. There are no application deadlines. If your application
is successful you will need to spend the money within six months and we will need proof of purchase. We make grants payable up to £250.
If you need help filling in the form, or with any other matters, our TSA Advisors are there for you.
These are just some of the things we may be able to help with:
- Adaptations to your home
- A washing machine, carpets, flooring
- A short holiday with family, a family visit or days out
- A holiday for a carer
- Travel costs to enable participation in TSA events such as Annual Family Conference, Scottish Get Together, Outlook, attendance at support
groups or travel costs for attending TSC Clinics.
You will be responsible for any ongoing costs associated with any purchase or service that you buy with your award money.
These are some of the areas that we will not be able to fund:
- Where a statutory authority has a responsibility to pay for the item needed
- Something you’ve already paid for, booked or ordered
- Any ongoing or long-term costs, including living costs and bills
- Costs associated with debt
You must leave at least a full year between successful applications. This is to make sure that we can help as many people as possible.
You can apply if you:
(i) Have TSC or are the parent or carer of an adult or child who has TSC.
(ii) Live in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
(iii) Have evidence (photocopy) of your entitlement to one of the following:
- Child Tax Credit,
- Working Tax Credit
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
If you do not receive any of the above, further information may be needed to complete your application.
What you will need to do:
- Complete application form and the monitoring form
- Make sure you have given us details of any benefits you receive
- Make sure you have given us a quote for the item(s) you want to purchase.
- Please send this form to:
TSA Support Fund, CAN Mezzazine, 32-36 Loman Street, London SE1 0EH.
What will happen next:
- We will contact you within 3 weeks of receipt of your application.
- We may need to ask for a reference from someone within health/social care or education and we will ask you who would be best to contact
- We aim to notify you of the outcome of your application within 6 weeks of receipt.
- If your application hasn’t been successful, we will let you know the reasons why and you will be able to make another request.
Download the TSA Support Fund Guide and Application Form
TSA Support Form and Guide 2018 (68 KB)