12th-18th MAY 2014May sees the return of our Tea and Scones for TSC, and we would love as many of you as possible to get involved. The campaign will run during TSC Awareness Week (May 12th -18th ) and we want individuals, schools, companies and community groups holding scone bake sales and afternoon tea parties to raise money for families affected by TSC.
The week also includes TSC International Global Awareness Day, 15th May, where we’ll be contributing to ‘World Of Thanks’. We’ll be sharing notes of thanks from families, individuals, professionals and all those involved with TSC across the globe. You can find out more about TSCi Global Awareness Day here.
Ask your child’s school if they will put a date in the diary w/c 12th May for a Tea and Scones for TSC event. It could be a simple scone bake sale or if children bake scones that week as part of their DT curriculum activity, they could ask family members for a contribution to the TSA when they take them home for eating!
Talk to your colleagues at work about organising a Tea and Scones for TSC event – tea and scones could be available for a contribution at a break time, or you could go the whole hog and put on a full cream tea.
If you are part of a community group such as a WI group or retirement group, please ask them to include a Tea and Scones for TSC event in their calendar for May, and if you would like to organise your own individual tea party, let your friends know an invitation will be coming their way.
Top 5 Tea & Scones event ideas:
• Tea & Scones high tea party, ask for voluntary donation
• Tea cocktails party with scrummy scone snacks, host a big night in with your pals and donate the money saved
• Host a Scone bake off with friends and prizes, ask for an entry fee and get prizes donated by local businesses
• Tea and Scones summer picnic games event, host a family fun day with people making a donation to participate
• Tea and savoury Scones work breakfast, sell your bake and tea to your colleagues for their breakfast
Want to help us shout about TSC during awareness week?
• We’re looking for people to tell their story to local media. Happy to talk about TSC? We’ll give you all the advice and support you need. Just contact us
• Retweet and share our Facebook posts throughout the week
• Send us your pictures of your Tea & Scones events.
And if you need the press release in Word format download HERE
Tea and Scones for TSC Photographic Competition 2014
And there will be a prize of a £100 John Lewis voucher for the best photo submitted under the theme of “Tea and Scones in Unusual Places”, so get snapping!
CLICK HERE for full photo competition details and rules.