The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Monday 19th August 2013.
Head of Research
28 hours per week
Home based, but within easy reach of London
1. POSITION IN ORGANISATION
The post holder will report to the Chief Executive.
The post holder will work closely with staff and volunteers throughout the TSA.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To manage the TSA’s research programme, specific research initiatives and projects; to implement the TSA’s research strategy and contribute to its future development; to be a source of scientific expertise for the TSA.
- Administer the TSA research grants programme.
- Manage the TSA’s research-specific initiatives.
- Act as secretary to the TSA’s research committee (RESCOM).
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the TSA’s research strategy.
- Regularly review all relevant national and international published research and identify strategic opportunities in TSC research.
- Monitor the evaluation of outcomes of TSA funded research and promote the dissemination and implementation of research findings.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with researchers, funders, and healthcare professionals both nationally and internationally.
- Represent the TSA nationally and internationally on matters related to the TSC research.
- Respond promptly to enquiries from people affected by TSC, professionals, researchers and others in relation to TSC research.
- Support the TSA’s fundraisers by providing up to date and accurate information, assisting in approaches to potential funders.
- Support the production of the TSA’s portfolio of evidence-based information.
- Disseminate information on TSC related research via a range of platforms (eg. Press, website and social media, SCAN magazine).
- Lead on the planning and organisation of research-related meetings and conferences.
- Business planning and budget management.
- Arrange research speakers for TSA events (eg annual AGM and family conference).