We’ve compiled 40 fundraising ideas. We kick oﬀ here with a selection of activities to engage your friends, colleagues, schools and businesses. As always our Fundraising Team will provide everything you need to make your all your fundraising activities enjoyable and successful.
Getting your business involved
- Sell 40 cakes to your colleagues
- Suggest the TSA as your company’s chosen charity
- Donate 40 hours of your staﬀ team's time to the TSA
Family and friend fundraisers
- Swim 40 lengths
- Walk 40 Miles
- Commit to a monthly gift to the TSA
- Take the jump with skydiving opportunities across the country
Fundraising in schools
- Sponsored 40-minute silence
- Host a school disco
- Organise a family fun day
- Suggest a fancy dress or dress down day
40 Fundraising Ideas
In our 40th anniversary year the TSA is celebrating with 40 fantastic fundraising events. There is a range of events with something for everyone! So, please have a look and see how you can be a part of #TeamTSA and help us to continue the work we do for the next 40 years. Which one will you choose?
- 40 minutes sponsored silence in your school class room
Are your children always talking? Then this the challenge they can do with their friends. Its easy to organise and fun for all the class!
- Virtual 5k or 10k challenge
#TeamTSA super supporter Mark Holland introduced the 5 and 10k run or walk into the fundraising calendar in 2016. If you are interested in running or walking 5 or 10k in your own time, with or without family and friends, and raising sponsorship while you do it.
- Hold a pub quiz at your local pub or club
Are you a member of a club, or like to socialise in your local? If so, why not organise a night of fun and quizzes? The TSA can supply quiz questions and fundraising materials to make sure your night goes with a bang!
- #TeaandSCones for TSA
This years Tea & SCones event is up and running. It is International TSA awareness week from Monday 15 to Sunday 21 May 2017, so why not brew up and get a bake on for TSC? For a fundraising pack and all the details please visit www.tuberous-sclerosis.org/tea-and-scones-for-tsc-2017
- Raffle 40 prizes
This can be as big or small as you like, but everyone loves a raffle! Get 40 prizes donated by local businesses, shops, friends and family and hold a raffle. Our fundraising officer, Kathryn, can provide you with an authorisation letter to help you get the prizes.
- Swim 40 lengths for TSC
Are you or someone you know a good swimmer? Do you want to swim 40 lengths and get sponsored for supporting TSA? You can do this as part of a team, or individually. So, get your swim suits out and swim for TSC!
- Skydive or parachute
This is not for the faint-hearted! Do you want to do something a bit different or conquer your fears? You can skydive or parachute for TSA. Please go to www.tuberous-sclerosis.org/new-challenge-events/parachute-jumps for all the information you need.
- Velocity Zip line
Why not take on Europe's longest zipline at speeds up to 100km an hour? Visit www.zipworld.co.uk for more details and for booking your place!
- Caverns at Zipworld
Why not go down rather than going up, and take on the Zipworld Caverns. Zip World Caverns is a remarkable, uniquely exhilarating and atmospheric underground adventure in a place which has been inaccessible for nearly 200 years. It is the ultimate all-weather adventure! Fr more information and to book please go to www.zipworld.co.uk/adventure/detail/caverns
- TSA School Read-a-thon
If your school would like to support the TSA, why not organise a 40 minute read-a-thon, its a chance for everyone to grab their favourite book, and raise essential funds.
- Great North Run
The TSA has places available in the Great North run - the World's Biggest half marathon. If you want to challenge yourself and join tens of thousands of other runners in this iconic closed-road run, please visit www.tuberous-sclerosis.org/new-challenge-events/big-fun-run-5k-events for the application form
- Spare change collection Tin
Why not put a collection tin in your home and put in all your pennies to good news, as no matter how small every penny counts. If you would like a collection tin click here
- Rotary Walk Across Wales
This annual event is organised by the Rotary Club in Wales, and is being held on Saturday 24June 2017. The full walk starts just south of Machynlleth. Other sections start at Staylittle, Llandinam or the Devil's Elbow. Transport is provided from Newtown to the start points. The walk ends at the Anchor, just over the border into Shropshire. Transport back to Newtown is available from the Anchor. Meals are provided during the day and water is available at all the checkpoints. To be held at the end of June. For more information please visit https://rotaryacrosswaleswalk.org/
- Nationwide Tough Mudder
The Tough Mudder team are hosting various events throughout the year, you and your team must be ready to run through dark wooded trails, over scenic hilltops and crawl through plenty of thick, dark mud and cover its 5 miles and 13 obstacles. Why not take this challenge on and be a part of #TeamTSA? For more information please go to https://toughmudder.co.uk/
- London to Paris Bike Ride
Various dates from June to September. You'll spend 4 days in the saddle, cycling 299 miles from capital to capital, and finish at the iconic Eiffel Tower. Spaces are limited though so if you are interested in doing this event then please contact Fundraising Team for more information.
- Contact your local Rotary Club and ask for a donation of £140 to fund the local TSA Advisers
The TSA's regional advisers provide fantastic support for both individuals and families living with TSC. Funding for these Advisers is essential and receiving a donation from the local club would make a huge difference.
- Make TSA your employer's Charity of the Year
If you work it is highly likely that your employer has a chosen charity to support either monthly or annually. Why not be a TSA Champion and put forward the TSA to be the next chosen charity?
- Sign up to monthly giving
With a £1.9m portfolio in research into TSC, as well as providing support across the UK, the TSA needs regular funding to ensure that this work can continue. If you are not able to do any of the other 39 events on this list, why not make a regular monthly donation to TSA? It is so simple. Go to www.tuberous-sclerosis.org/make-a-donation-tsa.html and fill in the form. Once you had done this, that's it, but you will know that you have made a lasting difference!
- Run in one of the famous 'Great Run' series
Along with the Great North Run, there is a series of runs organised by the same company, which include the Great South Run and the Great Manchester Run along with other runs in Scotland and Ireland. For more details please visit www.greatrun.org
- .If you prefer water to land, the Great Run organisers also hold the Great Swim series.
There are six Great swims throughout the country, so why not don your wetsuits and support TSA. Visit www.greatrun.org/great-swim for more details.
- Corporate support and team building
Does your company want to support a charity? Why not get them to donate 40 hours of staff time to organising a fundraising event, from start to finish. They would decide on the event, advertise and promote it, organise it and complete the finished article, while having fun and supporting TSA.
- Sell 40 cakes to your work colleagues
Everyone loves a cake, so why not sell 40 cakes during your coffee break, and bring a smile to everyone's face whilst raising funds for TSA?
- Simply enter an event of your choice
Whatever you fancy, its out there! From Zombie runs to bungee jumping, if you want to do it, our Fundraising Team, can find the perfect event for you!
- Hold a charity Golf Day – Are you a keen golfer and want to help the TSA doing what you love the most? Why not organise a TSA Charity Golf Day at your Golf Club?
- The TSA has a range of merchandise which you can sell on our behalf. We have hoodies, T-shirts, running vests, badges and trolley rings. This could be at a local open day or community event.
- Or do you enjoy getting into the Christmas spirit? Why not buy TSA xmas cards, recieve donations instead of gifts or do a xmas jumper day at work or school.
- Tell your fundraising story on social media – if you have a great TSA fundraising story to tell, then why not encourage others to support TSA, and tell your fundraising story. Include a photograph and a short description of how and why you have chosen to support us. This will help to raise awareness as well as funds.
- Is it a big birthday or anniversary? Why not give a special gift and invite your friends and family to give a donation to TSA in lieu of a present? It's simple and easy to do, by either making a donation through our website at www.tuberous-sclerosis.org/make-a-donation-tsa.html or send a cheque. Our Fundraising Officer can also supply you with balloons, information leaflets about where the money is going to, as well as collection tins.
- Big Fun Runs are held throughout the UK, and can be a real family affair! You and your family, can complete a 5k walk, run,or crawl in this organised event. Big Fun Runs take place throughout the UK. To find a Big Fun Run near you, please visit www.bigfunrun.com/venues
- Climb Mount Snowdon, Wales. Feel on top of the world and reach the highest point in Wales while you help to raise money for TSA with this exhilarating 8 mile walking challenge. Various dates are available throughout the summer. Please contact the fundraising team for more details.
- Edinburgh Colour Vibe, Scotland - Annually in September. Get ready for the most colourful fun-filled day of your life at the Edinburgh Colour Vibe 5K run! Get your friends and family together and have the time of your lives as part of #TeamTSA! To sign up visit uk.thecolorvibe.com/edinburgh.php
- Get those wheels out and take part in the London to Brighton Cycle Challenge - Annually September. Join over 1000 cyclists taking part in this exciting 54 mile ride from Central London to Brighton Sea Front. To register please visit www.londonbrightoncycle.co.uk
- Hold a themed party - invite your family and friends to dress up as they did in your favourite music era, or as a type of food! You can have real fun with this! The wackier the better! You can fundraise by selling tickets to the party, asking for donations on the night or charging guests to take part in party games.
- Own Clothes Day
Everyone loves to wear their own clothes, especially when it’s a hot day in an office or at school. Now that summer is on its way, why not hold a dress down Friday, or an own clothes day? It could cost £1 to enter on the day, with proceeds coming to TSA.
- Send 40 TSA Christmas cards
At that special time of year, why not send a TSA Christmas card to 40 of your family and friends, and share the magic of Christmas by supporting TSA.
- Make a Just Giving donation
If you don't have a lot of time, but would like to support the TSA in its 40th anniversary year, please visit www.justgiving.com/tuberous and make a one-off £40 donation. By visiting this page, you will see the stories of some of the wonderful fundraisers we have supporting the TSA!
- Hold a coffee morning at your local church or community centre in support of TSA.
This will not only help to raise important funds, but it will also help to raise awareness of TSC, which is equally important!
- Virgin Money London Marathon
The TSA will have 5 places in the London marathon every April. You can apply now to register your interest in getting a place, or you can enter the public ballot, which will be open 1 week after the Marathon! Please visit www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/ to enter the ballot. If you are not successful in the public ballot, you can be put into the draw for one of the 5 TSA marathon places. To register your interest with TSA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take on the challenge of a lifetime with a variety of national and international challenges.
We work with leading UK suppliers so you can have a once in a lifetime experience, while raising much needed funds for the TSA. Chose between treks to places such a Great Wall of China and Everest Base Camp, or Husky trails in Lapland. Please visit www.tuberous-sclerosis.org/new-challenge-events/globe-trotting for more details.
- Take on a challenge that's inspired by you!
In recent months, the fundraising team have seen more personal challenges, such a beard shaves, leg waxes or drastic hair cuts. If you would like a change of appearance, or to do something similarly drastic, and would like to support TSA at the same time, why not get sponsored for making that change?
Our fundraising team, will be able to help you with any event that you chose to do. Please contact 0207 9227731 or Email: email@example.com and we will happily talk to you about they best way to do your chosen event. The team will also be able to provide you with sponsorship forms, collection tins, T-shirts, running vests and other fundraising materials.